- Apie įmonę
Backend Engineer (Ordering and Integrations)
Come and join our ordering services and integrations Team! Our mission: help Revel’s customers thrive by allowing them to efficiently run their businesses and integrate with our partners. We’re delivering high-availability services for our customers and other developer teams within Revel. As a backend engineer, you’ll have direct influence on us fulfilling this mission.
Quality in everything we do. We ensure quality with a range of tools and techniques. These include code reviews, peer programming, CI pipelines and tests. We write robust automated tests for every piece of code we craft using appropriate combinations of unit, integration, performance tests, etc. We release code using automated pipelines that support continuous delivery. We are always working to evolve these processes.
Be the change you want to see. As part of the teams leading the change in Revel, you will continuously get a chance to innovate on the codebase and make a difference in the engineering department by evolving the way we work.
Continuous personal growth. Be challenged and motivated by Revel’s talented, yet friendly engineers who will push you to new levels of professionalism. You’ll have access to both technical and leadership career opportunities across Revel’s expansive suite of products. The next challenge is always just around the corner.
Communicate boldly. We enter conversations with clearly and strongly stated opinions, but eagerly listen and learn from our teammates. Your voice will be heard in our self organizing, team led structure.
Agile as a mindset. Scrum as a framework. We promote an agile mindset by using the scrum framework to let teams self organize and own their work. We always adapt each to our team and project.
Work as a team. We foster and develop new hires at all levels of experience, thereby accelerating their onboarding and helping launch their careers at Revel.
As a backend engineer, you will:
- Design and write clean, testable high-quality code
- Be a technical and organizational expert to peers as well as management
- Participate in designing and implementing solutions within your team
- Mentor teammates
- Initiate and champion new technologies and development processes
We expect, that you:
- Have at least 3 years of experience crafting high quality solutions in professional environments
- Have general knowledge of databases (relational and NoSQL)
- Have an understanding of microservice architectures
- Have a strong attitude towards high code quality and testing your solutions
- Are fluent in English as we have colleagues from around the world
We don’t expect you to know our entire stack. Of course, the greater the overlap the better.
We use Python, Go and Node.js for our backend services
We run everything on AWS and we keep all our infrastructure as code with the help from Terraform
We’re quality-conscious and do a lot of automated testing leveraging tools like Postman/Newman, K6, pytest and others
CI is the glue between devs and ops. To make full use of it, we also have GitLab CI, Terraform and other tools in our toolbelt
Typescript is the default for frontend applications with libraries such as React, Redux, Material UI, GraphQL
- We are a product company: we influence product development decisions and create tools for driving foodservice businesses to success.
- We offer a unique cultural environment: supportive leadership, Agile values, feedback culture, recognition of professional accomplishments.
- We care about technology and quality: our tech initiatives are bottom-up, teams organize guilds, and cross-site meetups.
- We care about our employees: health insurance is provided for every member of our team.
- We invest in personal development: annual conference budget, up to 10% of working time dedicated to personal education, free access to Udemy.
- We work flexible hours: you are in control of your working schedule.
- Salary ranges from 2700.00 to 5300.00 € gross
Revel Systems powers the ambitions of thousands of restaurants and retailers across the US and Europe with a robust cloud-based point of sale (PoS) and enterprise management system. Analytics and BI engineers at Revel are building a modern data pipeline that drives intuitive analytics and surfaces powerful insights. Founded in 2010 with major offices in Atlanta, Vilnius, and San Francisco, Revel is a leading member of the Apple Enterprise Mobility Program.
By applying for a job position and submitting your personal data, you confirm that you have read and accept Revel Systems’ Applicant Privacy Notice: