- Apie įmonę
Sales Operations CRM Specialist
Dexcom empowers people to take control of diabetes through innovative continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) systems. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Dexcom has emerged as a leader of diabetes care technology. By listening to the needs of users, caregivers, and providers, Dexcom simplifies and improves diabetes management around the world.
We invite you to become a part of a fast growing, purpose driven team in our new established business center in Vilnius!
The successful candidate for Sales Operations CRM Specialist role will be responsible for the daily administration and ongoing support for the customer relationship management (CRM) system used by our customer facing sales teams across our European direct markets. Partner closely with sales and marketing teams in the use of the CRM system to support the delivery of the EMEA business plan by Regional teams. You will perform a key role within the EMEA Sales Operations team and work closely with other team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Managing and responding to support requests in an efficient manner.
- Liaising with IT service providers, where necessary, to ensure system continuity.
- Providing ad hoc support to individuals as requested.
- Ensuring that Healthcare Professional and Organisation data held within the CRM system is maintained to high standards.
- Administering validation and data change requests submitted by users. Liaising with third party organisations to review and process these requests.
- Using and creating automated processes to manage and maintain data.
- Provide CRM insights, focussed on reporting, data management and sales process, to support a growing business.
- Partner with Sales Operations team members to build effective sales and marketing analytics.
- Regular contact with sales & marketing teams to ensure that analysis and insights are validated, relevant to business needs and acted upon.
- Proactively identify enhancements to the CRM system that will maximise sales and marketing effectiveness/efficiencies. Liaise with and manage key stakeholders (IT, Sales, Marketing etc.) to implement and test enhancements.
- Working closely with the Sales teams to ensure that relevant system training needs are identified and provided.
- Includes the creation and maintenance of relevant operating manuals to support the effective use of CRM systems.
- Onboarding new starters to ensure that they are proficient in key elements of the CRM system.
- Training sales teams to utilise new and additional features.
- Partner with regional Marketing teams to ensure that enhanced CRM features are being used e.g., Closed Loop Media, Email Templates.
- Support special projects designed to improve commercial performance and/or expand capabilities.
- Complete external CRM certification programmes to build your own expertise and to enhance the quality of support (both proactive and reactive).
- Build and maintain a strong professional network to ensure that best practise is developed.
- Other responsibilities include supporting initiatives that build and expand Dexcom’s Sales Operations capabilities
- 3-5 years of relevant business experience.
- Previous experience with customer relationship management (CRM) systems (Veeva, IQVIA OCE, salesforce preferred).
- Fluent in English and German.
- Technical aptitude to include Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word & Outlook.
- Experience of working with third party medical data providers e.g. IQVIA or Binley’s would be an advantage.
- An exciting opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing, dynamic, innovative international company with a true purpose where you will make a difference to those living with diabetes.
- Focus on your long-term career.
- Access to best in class training and development programmes.
- Work with 5000+ awesome colleagues in an open, fast-paced and fun working environment.
- Attractive benefits including Performance-Based bonus, Health Insurance, Private Pension, 5 days additional vacation, Life, Critical Illness and Accident Insurance, Team Events, Recognition Awards, Health & Wellness Services, Training, Education & Professional Qualifications Support.
- Base monthly salary gross starting from 2,570 EUR. The final offer will depend on your qualifications, competencies and professional experience.
Sounds like you? Apply!