- Apie įmonę
GBS Technical Support Trainer
Dexcom empowers people to take control of diabetes through innovative continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) systems. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Dexcom has emerged as a leader of diabetes care technology. By listening to the needs of users, caregivers, and providers, Dexcom simplifies and improves diabetes management around the world.
We invite you to become a part of a fast growing, purpose driven team in our new established business center in Vilnius!
As a Technical Support Trainer at Dexcom, you will be responsible for the professional development of the Technical Support team in the Dexcom GBS facility. You will create, implement and deliver training to the team to allow them to provide effective support to people that use Dexcom products and are affected by diabetes. Working in a dynamic environment with our small and focussed team, you’ll ensure a high standard of training is delivered on a regular basis to the team. This enables them to provide troubleshooting assistance to users of Dexcom services to determine why the service, equipment, or feature is inoperable and/or to troubleshoot the issues so they can use Dexcom products as intended.
- Degree level educated and/or relevant training or people development experience.
- Fluency in English, both written and oral communication. German language – a huge advantage.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including effective listening skills and ability to communicate accurately and effectively in person, over the telephone, through email, and other business correspondence.
- Proven ability to conduct and present training courses to large groups.
- Effectively communicate how to troubleshoot and problem solve issues while exhibiting strong customer service skills.
- Good documentation practices and experience of revision control.
- Sound working knowledge of all Windows/Mac OS X operating systems and associated web browsers Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox.
- Able to work flexible hours on a rotating schedule including evenings, holidays, and weekends.
- Ability to work independently with supervision as required and as a team player within a department as well as with others.
- Desire, drive, and willingness to be part of a fast-moving company.
- Experience in supporting mobile apps, both iOS and Android, as well as Cloud-based reporting systems would be an advantage.
- An exciting opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing, dynamic, innovative international company with a true purpose where you will make a difference to those living with diabetes.
- Focus on your long-term career.
- Access to best in class training and development programmes.
- Work with 5000+ awesome colleagues in an open, fast-paced and fun working environment.
- Attractive benefits including Performance-Based bonus, Health Insurance, Private Pension, 5 days additional vacation, Life, Critical Illness and Accident Insurance, Team Events, Recognition Awards, Health & Wellness Services, Training, Education & Professional Qualifications Support.
- Base monthly salary gross starting from 2,400 EUR. The final offer will depend on your qualifications, competencies and professional experience.
Sounds like you? Apply!